It’s Thursday, and that means it’s meal planning day here at the log cabin! This week, I will once again be trying out some new recipes!
Chicken Thighs with Sweet and Sour Sauce with Jasmine Rice and Stir Fry Vegetables
Last Sunday, we tried out a new recipe for our big Sunday morning breakfast. My kids, along with my husband, made the most amazing baked oatmeal to serve instead of our typical pancakes and it was dreamy!
|2 1⁄2||Cup||Whole rolled Oats (not quick or instant)|
|1⁄2||Cup||Coconut oil (or butter) melted|
|1⁄2||Cup||Maple Syrup (or honey)|
|2||Cup||Apples (or pears) chopped|
|1||Cup||Applesauce natural, unsweetened|
- The night before breakfast: Mix the oats, flour, milk, together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- In the morning: Transfer Oats to a greased 9×13 pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl, beat the oil, syrup, and eggs until glossy
- Add the baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Beat the oats mixture back in, then add raisins and fruit, stirring to combine.
- Pour back into the 9×13 glass dish and put the pan in the preheated 350°F oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and the oatmeal is not mushy to the touch.
- Serve warm
Let me know if you try it!